Monday, January 17, 2005

Dang

Well, that's another post that got eaten. Huh.

Anyhow, good, but paradoxically short weekend. I sudenly have no motivation tonight, though, even though I'm typically awake on weeknights until at least 11:30.

I finished Time's Eye, by Arthur C. Clarke and Stephen Baxter, incidentally. I tend to disagree with the reviewers who say that its plot was a digression -- after all, a good chunk of 2001 was a digression as HAL went nutty on the ship...it wasn't until the end (like in Time's Eye, which is supposed to be a companion series of odysseys through time instead of space) that they started working again on the mysteries of the Monolith.

I really liked it, to be honest. I'm anxious for the second one to be released, as a matter of fact. All of the Space Odyssey books were published by the time I read them, so having to wait for the second Time Odyssey book is not fun.

Oh -- and I finally read H.G. Wells's The Time Machine, since I enjoyed its sequel The Timeships so much (I talked about it in an earlier post). So, I'm rereading The Timeships now that I know more of what's going on. Granted, Weena and the Morlocks are only an ancillary part of the plot of The Timeships, but it helps to have the backstory.

So, maybe I'll just go to bed.... Happy (almost) Tuesday.

No comments: