Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Is This a Good Thing?

As someone who really enjoyed Ender's Game from a sociological/psychological standpoint (not to mention wondering if you could really, in a few generations, selectively breed kids that gifted), and also having not seen Troy...

...Is this a good thing?

So, spring break is almost here. All the kids' report cards are done, and I just need to survive the next two days (we have Friday off) then I can relax a bit.

It's weird. The second year of teaching is supposed to be less stressful, but really, it's not. Sure, you know more about The Game, and where to get this form or that form -- but you start looking more at other things and being more critical of yourself. You're not in Survival Mode anymore, and that's not necessarily a good thing.

But, on the other hand, most people seem to think I know what I'm doing. I'm getting kids from other people's classes when they have meltdowns -- not a good thing, really, except that it says that the general perception is that I'm good at my job.

Today's brainteaser: when the heck did I break my toe again? This time, I don't even remember hitting anything...though last time, all it took was a gentle tap in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Never thought I'd be hoping for warm weather, but at least then I could get away with wearing decent looking sandals instead of hobbling around in shoes....

No comments: