Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Eenie Meenie Miney Moe

Some days are boring.

June 2, apparently, was very interesting.

Do I do the first president to get married in the White House?  Fun, interesting, will appeal to the girls.

Do I do US citizenship for Native Americans?  Ties into all the kids' social studies texts that we've been working on.

Do I do Lou Gehrig dying of ALS?  We've had journals about Lou Gehrig before, and several of the kids play baseball on weekends.

Do I do Queen Elizabeth II being crowned?  We've had other journals about her before, as well, plus, she's the current queen.  And, queens will appeal to the girls.

Or do I do the Mars Express probe?  With Phoenix in the news, they're all kind of into space, and we've been working on where you live: city, state, country, planet.  Yes, I'm teaching them that they live on Earth.

Dilemmas, dilemmas.

ETA:  Obviously, June 2's whole plan was to make June 3 so incredibly boring.

No comments: