Sunday, August 24, 2008

Happy Nerd

Okay, without getting into what filk is -- other than "music SpooWriter likes" (except that I seem to like "classic" stuff rather than current stuff) -- can I just say that this makes me happy?

(At one point, I could accurately -- as in, know the words -- sing along to all 13 minutes of the song...of course, I can't do it alone -- as in, sitting in my room and singing without "accompanying" somebody.)

Also, the fact that "The Dark is Rising" is being considered too is just icing on the cake.

And, the detail-oriented nerd in me is excited that they will probably make sure that Julia doesn't swiftly cover almost singing the regular chorus instead of the last verse chorus.

(In other words, the regular chorus is:

"I'll never wear red robes
I'll never wear a blue stone
The ruined tower stands abandoned and alone
etc."

The last chorus is:

"I'll never wear red robes
I'll never wear a blue stone
The ancient tower stands no longer quite alone
etc."

In the recording here, Julia starts to say "ruined" and switches quickly to "ancient," and it ends up sounding like "ru-ancient."

(Don't take this as criticism...if I sang a 13 minute song live to an audience, I'd get caught up in the repetitions of the chorus too and probably forget to switch it.  It'll just be nice to have it the right way.)

In short: happy nerd!

No comments: