Thursday, August 26, 2004

Earthlink

I've just about had it. If they can't fix the bleeping DSL line this time (last time, I got the supremely unhelpful "we don't support home networks that aren't our own, sorry" response, and nothing more even once I removed the DSL modem from the network and hooked it straight up to my desktop) I may just switch providers. My earthlink address is overloaded anyway, since I only get 20 hours free dial-up with my (noncommunicative) DSL account, and therefore can't spend hours pulling the spam off the server.

Except...then I have to figure out what to do with all the graphics I've put my email address on as a signature.

Argh.

Speaking of technical matters, though -- the warranty on my TiVo is almost out, so I'm in the process of taping what I want to save and dumping what I don't want, so I can either work up my courage to mod it myself, or send it somewhere that will add a larger hard drive to it. I've been waiting, since either action (since it opens the case) voids the warranty. But once the warranty runs out, and there's no warranty to void (cue evil laughter here).

No comments: