Friday, July 20, 2007

The Night Before

So, my copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows arrives tomorrow.  I have not read any spoilers.  I may even convince myself not to glance at the last page and see what the last word is now that it's not "scar."

I may post non-spoilery reactions after I read it (it took me about 14ish hours to read Order of the Phoenix, so I expect to be done by tomorrow night) but it'll be a while before I do a full review -- not only 'cause I want to digest it, but because I'd kinda like to re-read the whole series and get it in perspective before I either praise or condemn it.

In other news, it was the last day of summer school today, which is always a weird, bittersweet, anti-climactic thing.  The whole school year builds to culmination; we have the whole ceremony, R's mom even smiles at me, and so forth.  Then the kids come back for four weeks, only to just quietly get on their busses on the last day and go home.  It's...weird.

No comments: