Monday, September 10, 2007

A Note to Interested Parties

I realize this is petty, given the anniversary that looms in less than an hour, but you'll have to forgive me.

Ahem.

When I say, "I'm really not feeling very social right now," these are the things that will not alleviate my anti-socialness.

1.  Try to make conversation with me.

2.  Put on your "aw, I'm sorry, tell me all about it" face.

3.  Ask if I want to talk about why I feel antisocial.

4.  Come back in an hour and ask if I'm over feeling anti-social yet.

5.  Ask if everything was really oh-so-bad.

You may have detected a trend: namely, these five responses all require social interaction on my part.  This just ensures that I will feel anti-social longer.  Perhaps it's the spectrumy part of me, but I assure you that the more you make me be social now, the longer it will be before I feel social again.

Thank you and good night.

(Also?  Free online Snood -- aka Bubbles -- is the coolest thing ever.)

No comments: