Thursday, June 12, 2008

Stop and Think

Look, I realize that lots of grammatical errors, especially on the Internet, are simply a result of typing too fast.  You get going, and before you know it, an apostrophe sneaks its way into the word, and all of a sudden the dog was chasing "it's" tail.

I get it.  I do.

It's really easy to type an extra "o" and have someone loose their pants (I hope they tightened them).

But what I don't get is when the error itself makes no sense.

How can something be a "worse-case scenario?"  I mean, stop and think about it.  That implies there is something that could, indeed, be even worse.

Yes, this was prompted by something I read.

(But this makes my eyes itch almost as badly as "I could care less," which, of course, means that you actually do care some since you are capable of caring less than you do now.)

Hmph.

1 comment:

Amie said...

These are the posts that make me go back and read things I've written just to see what kind of stupid things I've typed that have probably made you lose (not loose!) sleep.
I appologize for all past grammatical errors and in advance for the many many many that are to come.

:)