You take the good, you take the bad
You take them both, and there you have
The facts of life, the facts of life
- I found laminate at K-Mart for almost half the Walmart price -- $10 for 50, versus $7.77 for 20. Yay.
- I have finally finished cutting out all the new things for this coming year -- since we'll be moving partway through the year, the motto is "Portable, Portable, Portable." Everything from the principal's recess chart to the lunch count is made to be picked up and carried from one room to the other.
- I finally chose our first book.
- My new desk has shelves for both printers and all my hard drives. (Inkjet printer, laser printer, 1 TB network attached storage, 1 TB hard drive, 750 GB hard drive, 300 GB hard drive.)
- I figured out why my little desk fan wasn't working and fixed it.
- The desk is on wheels -- which will be useful come number 3 below.
- I HATE SCISSORS AND LAMINATE AND VELCRO AND CARD STOCK AND CUTTING AND DID I MENTION THAT I HATE SCISSORS? Hmph.
- The shelves on the desk weren't wide enough in the right places to put the printers on the shelves where I wanted them.
- The desk was about 2 inches too wide for the space it's in, which will necessitate moving of heavy things at some point.
- Did I mention that I hate scissors?
- Velcro dots are insanely hard to find unless you didn't have a brain freeze and remembered to order them from here.
- New Boy B from last year was supposed to go to School GG but they ran out of room, according to Program Specialist PM, so he might be coming to school -- maybe -- for the two weeks of school before he has brain surgery, at which point he'll be on home teaching and may -- at that point -- go to School GG but probably only if they transfer kids from School GG to my school at that point. Eesh.
- I hate scissors.
Half-conscious Patrick says, "I don't remember how to get there."
So I try again. He says something along the lines of, "I think I want an orange soda."
So I try one more time. "I remember that you want an orange soda. I'm asking if you want me to get toilet paper or if you want to wait and do your grocery shopping later?"
Patrick: Incoherent mumbling.