- Someone thought it would be a good idea to start the construction and then move the dusty, grimy furniture and boxes out of our classrooms. Yippee.
- There are absolutely no pictures of Patrick Skene Catling, author of The Chocolate Touch, anywhere that Google can find. Hence, a generic "man" picture in Writing With Symbols for the kids' "About the Author" section.
- Search "King Midas," and read how many different versions of the myth there are. It's crazy. In one, he's a nice but rather dim king who just doesn't thing. In another, he's a selfish dolt who just wants to be rich. In another, he's kinda halfway in between.
- New Boy B may or may not be coming. If he doesn't, other kids from School GG will. He's a vote for "the devil you know."
- Journals are done through September 11. No, not cause that's September 11, but because it means I have 3 weeks of journals done. Bonus: I figured out a way to keep them arranged so I don't have to print them again next year.
- My portable has an actual computer center thing with extra outlets on the walls. However, it's right next to my only option for a "quiet corner," which invites technological disaster (translation: flying electronics). So, I have to move a few of the semi-movable but rather heavy bookcases over there in order to block the area off better. This will entail moving boxes, though.
Meanwhile, I must go buy Clorox wipes. Like...Costco quantities of them.