Monday, August 20, 2007

Wow

Huh. I'd forgotten how...well...crazy Willy Wonka is portrayed as in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (I'm up to summarizing chapter 20 of 30 -- I haven't made comprehension questions for the whole thing, because I can't quite predict what the class will be able to do, but it's nice to have the text almost done). Wow.

I always wondered where Gene Wilder pulled the...well...crazy bit from when he sings:

There's no earthly way of knowing
In which direction they are rowing
There's no knowing where they're rowing
Or which way the river's flowing


In the movie, he has this crazed, maniacal glint in his eye that was the only part of the movie to ever scare me. Now I get where he pulled it from. Yikes.

However, once this is done, I'll have our classroom novel done until Christmas! (I'm moving it from every day to 4 days a week, and adding a day of poetry.)

No comments: