Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Mind of an Electrical Engineer

So, we're at dinner tonight with my grandpa, his girlfriend, and a few other people from my mom's work.  The following conversation took place between me, Patrick, my Grandpa, and his girlfriend T while waiting for everyone else to get there.

T:  So, how was your trip to Orlando?  Did you have fun?

Patrick:  Yeah.

T:  Just 'yeah'?

Me:  "Yeah" is high praise for Patrick.

T:  I heard it was cold.

Patrick:  Yeah.

Me:  It was really cold.

T:  How cold was it?

(No, this is not leading to a really bad joke.)

Me:  Well, the highest high was around 72, but there were two days that the highs were in the high forties.

T and Grandpa:  In the day time?

Me:  (flummoxed)  Uh...yeah, the highs were in the high forties.

T and Grandpa:  During the day?

Me:  (why fight it?)  Yeah, during the day.

Leaving me to wonder when, exactly, you would reach your high temperature for the day.

No comments: