Thursday, February 10, 2005

1:30 A.M.

From the now-defunct studiesinwords.de.

Shot of Buffy and Tara sitting on the sofa next to each other. They look at each other, then away.

BUFFY: (softly, speaking to the floor) I'm sorry...you have to go through all of this.

TARA: You don't have to worry about me.

BUFFY: Everybody wants to help. (Tara looks at her) I don't even know if I'm...here. (Tara looks away) I don't know what's going on. Never done this. (pauses) That's just an amazingly dumb thing to say. Obviously...I've never done this before.

Beat.

TARA: (softly) I have.

Buffy looks over at her.

TARA: My mother died when I was seventeen.

(cut some stuff)

Buffy looks back up at Tara.

BUFFY: Was it sudden?

TARA: What?

BUFFY: Your mother.

TARA: No. (thinks) And…yes. (pauses) It's always sudden.
Rest in peace, grandma.

No comments: