Monday, June 11, 2007

So THAT's the Secret!

Hmm...let's examine this, shall we?

Last week, I sit down at 6:00 to write A's IEP. A is a new student this year but I know her fairly well and have a pretty good idea of the goals I want to write. 6 1/2 hours later, I am finally done after giving up and writing...a passable...goal to fill out that last darned box.

Tonight, I sit down at 7:30 to write J's IEP. Although I have known J for three years, I've been less involved in her schooling this year as she's only with me 30% of the day. I don't really have an idea of the goals I want to write. Meanwhile, as I type, I chat with Cat. 2 1/2 hours later, I am done.

The secret to good IEP writing is, apparently, have absolutely no gosh-darned clue what you're going to write before you write it.

Okay then.

No comments: