1. The Emmerich brothers have a thing for ancient Egypt.
2. The Emmerich brothers have a thing for the year 10,000 B.C. (Unless it's been way too long since I watched Stargate, I believe that's when Ra first showed up there.)
3. The Emmerich brothers have a thing for the "it tastes like chicken" gag.
4. The Emmerich brothers have a thing for revolts.
5. The "wise blind man" motif is alive and well, unfortunately. This time, complete with weird, creepy voice.
6. There is no number 6.
7. At some point, the Emmerich brothers will probably do a movie about Atlantis, given that they referenced Stargate in one breath and Atlanteans in the next (loosely quoted, "Some say they from the sky. Others say they flew across the ocean after their land sank to the bottom of the sea.").
8. The Emmerich brothers think ancient Egyptians all wore long gold fake fingernails (what the heck?).
9. If there was an Independence Day reference, I missed it.
10. Stargate was awesome. Independence Day was very, very good (except for the whole president's wife = Laura Roslin thing...). This one was...meh.