Friday, July 18, 2008

Holy Relapse, Batman

Oops.  Spoke too soon.  I feel like I've been hit with a truck, my eyes hurt, and I had one of my not-fun stomach aches this afternoon while at the same time being so tired that all I wanted to do was lay down and sleep.

(Apparently, I eventually did...but all I remember is laying there hoping it wouldn't get so bad I had to get up and move.)

Meanwhile, io9 has a teaser poster picture of Sy--whoops, I mean Spock.

I rather wish, now, that I hadn't watched Heroes.

(I am now re-watching Heroes with Patrick, so that hopefully we can have a weekly "date" and watch it together, so he can protect me when Claire is flayed alive and such (blech).  We have made it up to the first instance of "Flying man!" and Patrick is very amused.)

Anyway....while Zachary Quinto's facial features do, indeed, bear a striking resemblance to Leonard Nimoy in the 60s...those eyes...those eyes are Sylar's.

(I think I've said before that I can spot actors even under many layers of sci-fi makeup, often because of the eyes.)

And, you know, Spock wasn't a brain-eating sociopath.

So, you know, "Shi'Kahr, we have a problem."  Especially, I imagine, when Spock is at his most restrained and emotionally controlled -- given that Sylar at his most sociopathic tends to be quiet and emotionless.

And we won't even get into "McCoy, Leonard McCoy."  (And, yes, I have more trouble with the fact that Karl Urban was "Caesar, Julius Caesar," than I do with the fact that he was Eomer and Cupid.

It does worry me a bit that the main poster (all four parts here) includes a bad guy, Spock, Kirk, and Uhura.  I mean...what the heck?  It was always Kirk, Spock, and McCoy. Sure, Nichelle Nichols deserved a bigger part (or, at the least, to have her character's name spelled right in the credits of Star Trek VI), but...Uhura?

(By the way, and totally unrelated:  yay.)

No comments: