Saturday, August 09, 2008

More Pictures

Mostly the Oregon coast here.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I did say "mostly."  This is the Washington coast, and I made it black and white to disguise the haze.  I'm still not 100% happy with it, but I do think it has kind of a nifty Hitchcock-type feeling to it.


I loved the pattern on the wood in this one.  I have a full-color and sepia-toned version, too, but for some reason, I like the B&W version the best.


I like stone wall on the side of this one, and the lighting from the clouds was...well, better than anything on the Washington coast.  Fortunately, they get better from here.  :-)


I can't explain what I like about this one, but I like it.


I think this would have worked better with a clearer sky, but...what can you do?


More of those white flowers.


The best way I could think of to deal with the haze in this one was to intentionally blur the background and focus on something closer that wasn't hazy.


Amazing what blue sky and good lighting does to a photo, even if you can't see the sky.  :-)


So, to get to this beach, you turned off the highway at a "view point" (a "vista point" in CA), then went down this tiny, tiny road, turned right, and went down like 1/4 a mile past seaside rental houses down to an unpaved...area.

Then you climbed through sand drifts populated with fire ants...but the beach was gorgeous, and the next few pictures come from it.

There was a lot of driftwood, and I took the opportunity to really focus on the lines and patterns -- something I have been trying to do lately after Aide T pointed out that many of Patrick's pictures catch lines and patterns that I hadn't even noticed.


I have absolutely no idea who this dog belonged to, but he was having so much fun that I just had to grab a couple of quick shots.

These, too, are from the beach pictured above.


Oooh, a pretty tree.  :-)


While this is not a technically spectacular photograph, I included it here for Patrick because its name is Herbie.


The whole gallery is available here.

Now, one more Olympics comment.  I came across this blog once when I was (I think) browsing the Livejournal filk community, and bookmarked the RSS feed.  She summed up beautifully how I felt about the Opening Ceremony (more or less live-blogged below), though I didn't cry.

No comments: